| ||Registration Ends:||Contest Ends:|| |
| ||Sunday, February 24, 12:00 PM||Sunday, November 17, 11:59 PM|| |
2013 The Hoosier Times Fantasy Racing League Official Rules
1. Choose one driver from each of the five groups listed online. Once you have completed the participation form at hoosiertimes.com/racing, you will be taken to a payment screen. You will be asked for an online payment of $25 for your participation. Deadline for online registration is 12 Noon, Sunday, February 24.|
2. If you elect to pay by check or cash, please stop by our office with the payment or mail the check to our office. (Do not send cash in the mail). Payment must be received prior to your participation request being approved and viewable online. If entering multiple times, choose different names for each team.
Checks should be made out to The Hoosier Times. Entries may be dropped off or mailed to: Fantasy Racing League, c/o The Herald-Times, PO Box 909, Blgtn, IN 47402 and must be received by 4 PM, Friday, February 22. Participation forms must be official participation forms published in the newspaper and online. Entries submitted on facsimiles or reproductions will not be considered.
3. Trades may be made by logging in at hoosiertimes.com/racing. It is $5 per week for all trades. Trades will only be allowed within the list for which the driver is traded. For example, if a driver is traded in List A, then a new driver must be picked up within list A. For trades to be valid for a certain points race, trades must be made prior to the start of the race. If a trade is made during or after a race, the change will be made for the next race. No walk in or mail in trades will be allowed.
4. Following each points race, each of your selected drivers will be awarded Cup points. Total up your five drivers with their combined points from that day’s race and you have your points total for the week. If you trade drivers, no matter how many trades are made, points will be awarded each week for the drivers selected for that week and then added into you team league total. Your points will accumulate with each points race in which your selections compete. If a driver you choose does not participate in a race, you receive no points.
5. Each Wednesday after a points race, a listing of entrants and their running total scores will be printed in the Classified section. Updates will also be available online each Monday afternoon. If there is a rain delayed race, it will be updated by 5pm the next day. The winners will be determined from the list following the last points race of the season.
6. Any penalties that result in point deductions after race results have been posted will not be included in our standings.
7. The first-place finisher will receive $500, 2nd place $250, 3rd place $100. Ties will be broken by the tie-breaker listed on the form.
8. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
9. Employees of Hoosier Times, Inc., Schurz Communications, Inc. and their families may participate, but are ineligible to win prizes.
10. Hoosier Times, Inc. and contest sponsors are not responsible for late, lost or misplaced entries.
11. All Fantasy Racing League entries and trades are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
12. Hoosier Times, Inc. may contact you by phone or email as a result of this participation.
13. Hoosier Times, Inc. reserves the right to adjust the rules of this contest as it deems necessary. Decisions of the judges are final.
Questions? Please read the official rules
or send an email to
our contest coordinator.